Top 10 Mother’s Day Cake Recipes: Mothers Day is approaching and everyone is planning something to surprise their mom. We have already shared some best and affordable gifts for Mothers Day 2017. Mothers day 2017 will be celebrated on 8th May. It is the annually celebrated day. On every second Sunday of May, The world celebrates Mothers Day. We have also shared some Mother’s day cake recipes which can make your mother happy. Here we are sharing some Happy Mother’s day cake recipes, photos, pictures, mother day cake decorating ideas for you on Mother’s Day 2017.
Mother’s Day Cake Recipes | Mother’s Day Cake Ideas 2017
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- 3 16.5-oz. logs chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 c. butter, room temperature
- 6 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. milk
- Pinch kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 3 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide each log of cookie dough into 2 balls. On each baking sheet, place two cookie dough balls and flatten them into big discs.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and cooked through. (Now is not the time for an under-baked gooey center!) Let cool for about 15 minutes on baking sheet then transfer on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make frosting: In a large bowl, combine butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt. Beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add milk until you reach your desired consistency.
- Assemble cake: On a cake stand, or large serving dish, apply a very thin layer of frosting then place the first cookie layer on top. Apply a thin layer of frosting on top of the cookie and top with another cookie layer. Repeat with remaining cookies and frosting.
- 1 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 c. chocolate chips (plus more for sprinkling)
- 1/4 c. rainbow sprinkles (plus more for sprinkling)
- Flaky sea salt, to finish
- 1 c. vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9″ round cake pan with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars. Beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Stir in vanilla. Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix on low until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles.
- Press cookie dough into an even layer in the prepared pan. Top with more chocolate chips and sprinkles, if desired. Bake until the cookie is golden, about 25 minutes. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes then transfer cake to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Transfer frosting to a piping bag fit with a large star tip. Pipe frosting around the edge of the cooled cookie cake. Slice into wedges.
Pink Ombré Cake with Vanilla Buttercream
This colorful springtime confection is a serious showstopper.
- Oil, for greasing pans
- 4 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c. whole milk, at room temperature
- Deep pink gel food color
- Vanilla buttercream
- 2 lb. confectioners’ sugar
- 2 c. (4 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- Make the Cake: Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Oil four 8″ round cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment; oil the parchment. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder. and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in a large bowl on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium and add eggs, one at a time, beating each until incorporated before adding the next. Beat in vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and add the flour mixture in three parts, alternating with the milk and beating just until incorporated.
- Divide the batter among four bowls (about 2 1⁄2 cups per bowl) and add food color to tint three of the bowls varying shades of pink. Transfer each batter to a prepared pan. Bake until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer cakes to a wire rack and let cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then invert each onto the rack to cool completely.
- Using a serrated knife, trim the rounded tops of all the cakes to make flat, even layers. If the sides of the cakes are darker, freeze for 2 hours, then gently file the edges using a Microplane or small-holed grater.
- Make the Frosting: Meanwhile, sift confectioners’ sugar into a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a large bowl on medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add the sugar, alternating with the heavy cream. Beat in the vanilla extract. Increase speed to high and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Assemble the Cake: Place the deepest pink cake on a cake stand and top with a heaping 1 1⁄2 cups of the buttercream, spreading evenly just to the edges. Sandwich with the second- deepest pink cake, then chill 20 minutes. Repeat layering, using the other cake layers to create an ombré effect (chilling between each layer of frosting). Finish with a layer of frosting. To prevent drying, cover cake with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
Pavlovas with Strawberries and Cream
These elegant meringue swirls are almost too pretty to eat.
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 c. superfine sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. Strawberry jam
- 1 tbsp. water
- 8 oz. strawberries, quartered
- 3/4 c. very cold heavy cream
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F; line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoon sugar. Using an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites in a very clean large bowl on medium-high speed until foamy peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Gradually add remaining sugar (1 tablespoon at a time) to the egg whites, beating until incorporated. Gradually add cornstarch mixture, then beat until whites are stiff and glossy (this entire step should take about 6 minutes). Add vinegar and vanilla; beat for 1 minute.
- Using a spatula, spoon meringue into 6 mounds (each about a heaping cup) onto prepared baking sheet. Spread each into 4″ disks, then, using the back of a spoon, make a deep indent in the center of each.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Turn off the oven, and without opening the door fully, use a wooden spoon to prop open the door. Let pavlovas cool in the oven for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, in a medium bowl, whisk together strawberry jam and water. Add strawberries and toss to coat. Using an electric mixer, beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Transfer meringues to plates. Spoon cream into pavlovas and top with strawberries.
Cannoli Poke Cake
Cannoli is breaking out of its shell and we aren’t mad about it.
- Butter, for baking dish
- Flour, for baking dish
- 1 box vanilla cake mix, plus ingredients called for
- 1/2 c. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
- 16 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 1/2 c. ricotta
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. broken cannoli shells (available at most bakery counters) or waffle cones
- Preheat oven to 350º and butter and flour a 9-x-13” baking dish. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 22 minutes. Let cake cool slightly, then using the bottom of a wooden spoon or a straw, poke holes all over cake.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk inside holes and add 1 cup mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Make frosting: In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fit with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and butter. Add ricotta, vanilla, and add powdered sugar and beat until completely combined and no clumps remain. Top all over with remaining mini chocolate chips and cannoli shells and serve.
Almond and Poppy Seed Loaf Cake
Mom will love this almond and poppy seed cake made in a classic loaf pan. The almond glaze drizzled on top makes it even more special!
- Baking spray, for pan
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. pure almond extract
- 1/2 c. whole milk, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8-by- 4-inch loaf pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar on medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating to incorporate after each addition. Beat in vanilla and almond extracts. Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture and milk alternately, starting and ending with flour mixture, just until flour is incorporated. Fold in poppy seeds. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then remove to rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle cake with Almond Glaze.
Chocolate Magic Cake
So light it might just float off your plate.
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 1/2 c. Milk, warmed
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/8 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. espresso powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- strawberries, for serving
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a 8″x8″ baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with vinegar until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a third bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until pale yellow in color (it will still be grainy). Beat in the melted butter, espresso powder, and vanilla extract until evenly incorporated. Mix the flour mixture into the batter until evenly incorporated. Add the milk and beat low speed. Gradually and gently fold in the egg whites. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the cake is slightly jiggly.
- Cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar and garnish with fresh berries.
Also read: Mother’s Day Craft Gift 2017
Mother’s Day Cake Ideas Images
We hope you like and enjoy with this post. If you think that this post is helpful for you then please share it with your friends, family members, and relatives so they do not face any problems during searching Fb Whatsapp Dp Pictures Photos For Mothers Day 2017 on the search engine. You can use social networking buttons given below for sharing this like Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp etc.